Thursday, March 15, 2012

Internet media, feedback, and advertising

So, we have been very busy at Sol Restaurant, and I haven't had much of a chance to get on here and do any blogging. But, there is quite a bit I'd like to discuss, and so I am going to try to do a few entries over the next day. I wanted to share some statistics regarding the blog, here is the latest:



As you can see, interest in the blog has remained steady, with over 7500 views (the majority of them in the last month and a half since we posted a menu.) Even with very little activity on the blog, interest has remained. I hope that the activity increases as more customers come in, and I continue to add entries. There is interest in several parts of the world, I have had friends that live in other countries tell their parents who still live in Athens about it and they've come in to dine. I think that's pretty cool, information traveling around the world and making it back, turning into an actual customer. I mention all of this not as a pat on the back, but simply to share what other people are thinking and looking at with regards to Sol, and to segue into my next topic, our patrons.

We have with the exception of the Visitor's Guide done no advertising. We have no sign in the alley, no sign over the sidewalk, no lighting, we have not even had a chance to finish the trim above the door and a (what was supposed to be temporary) piece of plywood still hangs above it, the finish nails I temporarily tacked it up with rusting in place. All of these will be addressed in the next few weeks. Yet with all of this, we pack the house consistently Thursday - Saturday and have done the same M-W of this week. Lunch is picking up and following suit. Again, not back-patting...I'll get there...

Sol's concept is different than most other restaurant's, especially the chains. We want to do more than serve a meal, kick out the customer, add the dollar to the ledger and move on. We are trying to create an entire experience, and it sincerely matters to us. We take it personally. We want it to be a personal experience. I feel that the majority of our customers are having this experience. I believe that most of our customers are leaving happy, and I see repeat customers, so I know they are enjoying themselves. The point I am getting to, is that Sol is not advertising, it is not numbers, it is not corporate or packaged, or an exact formula, it is people, it is community, it is an idea, and it is a success, and it is because of the people that have come in, enjoyed themselves, talked with us, and talked with other people. We sincerely appreciate everyone's kind words and support, their feedback, their positive criticism, and we will continue to work hard to offer the best, most enjoyable experience we can. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I have left a happy customer both times I have dined with you :) Very happy to read of your successes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you located?? I'm trying to find it on the website here but can't locate the info. I'd like to check you out on my next Ohio visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy-

      Our website is www.solrestaurant.net, and our physical location is at 33 N Court Street. We are in the alley between Subway and Wings Over. As of right now we do not have our sign installed out by the sidewalk, but once we do it will make us much easier to find.

      Thanks,
      Todd

      Delete